Thursday, July 12, 2018

Fiber Forum Workshop with Jean Draper

Our kits for this workshop included a couple wire loops and some very narrow slips of fabric, like would be cut from the selvage when making quilt blocks.  One of the activities was to make and wrap wire loops and use them in fiber art.  Here's a picture of the loops I wrapped.  I assembled them several ways before packing them to go home.


The list of supplies to bring included beads and wire.  I brought some beads that my mother had already put on wire.  I assembled some on one of the sticks that I brought. 









This is the table I shared with Flo. 





One exercise was stitched with black thread on muslin. 



Another exercise consisted of cutting a strip of black paper and arranging the pieces in different ways.



One arrangement was selected.  Pieces of fabric were cut in the same shapes and sewn onto muslin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment